Secondary Glazing Centre | Addison Ousebank
Secondary glazing is specified by homeowners who may live in a Listed Building, a Conservation Area or who simply want to retain the original features of their property.
The most common reason for installing secondary glazing is for heat retention where the existing (primary) window is perhaps single glazed and draughty. The same window will also let through almost all of the noise from outside including traffic and aircraft noise. Secondary glazing will often improve the security of an existing period window where locking was very much an afterthought.
- Secondary windows are available to suit most styles of existing windows whether they be traditional box sliding sash, timber casement or steel.
- Many can be shaped to suit arched or sloped openings and the fixed and side-hung versions can even be curved on plan.
- Our secondary glazed windows come as standard with 4mm toughened glass but many options are available such as ‘Low E’, laminated and acoustic glass.
- Every effort is made to ensure that your secondary glazing is discreet and in keeping with its surroundings.
- Although the standard colour is white, windows can be produced in almost any RAL colour, at extra cost.
- Transoms, mullions and interlocks are all designed to line up with those in the primary window so that they are almost invisible from outside.
- To get an idea of what secondary glazing might cost you, click on the images above and follow the links to get a budget cost.
- Although not every price option is available online, you should be able to get an idea of the cost of most of our windows.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any help or the windows you require cannot be priced online.
- Areas covered by our installation service are postcodes MK, NN, CB, AL, WD, EN, SG, HP, LU and parts of PE
Help and advice available during opening hours by email or telephone 01234 821935 - please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Note: We close at 4.00pm during the Winter (1st November - 1st March).
“It is freezing cold this morning and there is no condensation on my cast iron windows!”
Jason Betley (14-Dec-15)
“We had secondary glazing installed throughout the front of our Grade II listed house. The sound reduction is great, and they look great too. Ron and his people always did what they said they were going to do, when they said they would do it, which was much appreciated!”
Mr Dorling, Flitwick (30-Apr-15)
“We are very happy with the windows, they tick the box in terms of look and feel, security and noise reduction. Ross was very thorough and amiable when conducting the fitting.”
Mrs Davies, Bedford (05-Mar-15)
“Many thanks to you and Ross for the excellent job you did yesterday. We are really pleased with the window.”
Mrs King, Cambridge (06-Feb-15)
“Thank you Ron, the windows disappear totally, and the drafts have stopped. Ross is a sweetheart, and tidied up so well.”
Mr R, Bedford (22-Dec-14)
“It's magic !! I guess the secondary pane has reduced the noise by at least 70%. Four nights undisturbed sleep, marvellous”
Goldington Road, Bedford (20-Dec-14)
“The installer, Ross, was first class. He did a good job and was very courteous. A true professional”
Mr Donovan, Cambridge (15-Dec-14)
“Dear Ron, the noise reduction is really amazing, very pleased with the result indeed and the quality of the work.”
IMPORTANT NEWS - Please note due to re-location our display site is now closed. Please call the office on 01234 825106 for further information. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. more
Please note: lead times are currently 5-6 weeks from order. more